How To Get Rid Of Freckles
Pigmentation spots, uneven skin tone and freckles may be a result of sun exposure, hormone imbalances, contraceptives, childbirth, or pregnancy. Effective pigmentation treatment and freckle treatment consists of exfoliating skin regularly is one way to keep pigmentation spots in check.
NOTE: Do not use Retinol (retinoids) or hydroquinone if pregnant, breast feeding or planning to become pregnant. Check with your doctor before using skin fading products or taking supplements.
Below Iâ€™ve listed some affordable and effective tips for freckles treatment and pigmentation treatment.
Getting rid of freckles and skin pigmentation are covered in this section.
1. Exfoliate skin three nights a week. I recommend exfoliating with a Microdermabrasion Scrub or for a gentle exfoliation, baking soda. After cleansing, apply the scrub onto wet or dry clean face using a gentle circular motion. Then apply an antioxidant, peptide or EGF-rich cream. One product that contains all three powerful age-proofing ingredients is Ultimate Age-Proofing Complex.
2. Look for skin care products that contain antioxidants and ingredients such as Vitamin C, alpha hydroxy acid (AHA), Retinol (Vitamin A), soy, papaya, alpha lipoic acid, kojic acid, lactic acid, glycolic acid, orange or lemon juice and licorice root which can help fade pigmentation spots and brighten skin. See more details about these ingredients below:
- Topical Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that can help repair fine lines and wrinkles; helps protect skin from UV damage and can help fade pigmented spots. It contains anti-inflammatory agents. Alpha Hydroxy Acids exfoliate skin, unplug pores, help fade pigmentation spots and hydrate mature skin.
- Retinol (Vitamin A) or Retin A are effective topical formulas that can help refine lines and wrinkles, reduce age spots, acne, freckles on face or help fade scars. Prescription Retin A can be irritating to those with sensitive skin and is not to be used by those who are pregnant. Peptide-rich creams such as Ultimate Age-Proofing Complex or Beyond Essential are safer alternatives.
- Soy, licorice root and alpha lipoic acid are more natural, safe alternatives for gently fading a freckle or pigmentation spots over time. After just two to three months use, skin tone becomes brighter. Those who are pregnant or planning to become pregnant can safely use all of these.
- Lactic and glycolic acids are derived from milk or plants and found in many creams and cleansers. They can help brighten skin and fade pigmented areas. You can find them in cleansers and creams in most drug stores.
- Plain or soy yogurt can help brighten and exfoliate skin. For more bleaching power, add 1 tbsp. fresh lemon to 2 tbsp of either yogurt. Apply to clean face. Let dry for 10 to 15 minutes. Then rinse with tepid water.
3. Sun causes pigmentation spots on the face. Be sure to apply a 30 SPF sunscreen, rain or shine. Look for effective ingredients for full protection. They include: Parsol, avobenzene, titanium dioxide or zinc oxide. Check out paraben-free C-30 Moisturizer, an antioxidant-rich moisturizer with 30 SPF Parsol sunscreen.
4. For severe pigmentation spots, â€œpaint overâ€ the spots with mineral make-up, and exfoliate skin two to three times a week. Be sure to wear a wide rimmed hat or sun visor if spending any time outdoors.
5. One night a week, rub the inside of a papaya peel on face, under eyes and on neck. Enzymes in papaya exfoliate, repair sun damage, fade pigmentation spots and help brighten and smooth skin. Itâ€™s a natural alternative to Retin-A.
6. This is another excellent recipe that fades pigmentation spots. Combine 3 tbsp. brown sugar, 1 tbsp. raw honey and 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice in a small bowl. Cleanse face and gently scrub the pigmented areas first, then scrub entire face. Leave the mixture on face for 3 to 5 minutes, then rinse with tepid water. This will lasts three days in the refrigerator.
7. Combine 1 tbsp. corn meal to 1 tbsp. buttermilk and gently scrub skin with this mixture. Then rinse with tepid water. This is a skin brightening beauty recipe from the 1940â€™s and is just as effective today!
8. My skin bleaching recipe has worked for many of my clients. Combine 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice with 2 tbsp. witch hazel. Apply the bleaching toner recipe to pigmented areas using a cotton ball or swab. Keep refrigerated for up to three days, then discard and make a fresh batch. After two weeks watch the dark spots fade.
9. Whenever outdoors, be sure to wear a long sleeved shirt, and cotton gloves to protect arms and hands from UV rays. Consider walking after 5:00 p.m. or in the shade to prevent sun exposure and pigmentation spots. A wide-rimmed visor makes a great sun block.
10. LED Light Therapy or red light therapy is an affordable, non-invasive and effective treatment that can help reduce pigmentation spots, wrinkles and helps smooth skin texture. No down time or pain is involved. Many celebrities are opting for LED Therapy because it prevents and repairs wrinkles and sun damage by stimulating collagen production. Purchase an FDA-approved DPL LED Therapy unit (regular retail price $399 – $449) for just $299, plus free S+H in the USA through us. Click this link for more information.
11. Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) Photofacials and can help fade freckles, port wine stains, rosacea and pigmentation spots, however it is very costly (approx. $250 – $550 a session) and generally five to six sessions are required to see results. IPL requires numbing cream. There is some down-time as treated areas become darker for several days, so LED Light Therapy may be a better option.
Here are some other articles about the skin and treatment for frecklesÂ you may enjoy reading:
- DPL Therapy System
- Red Light Therapy
Beauty Recipes and Tips That Really Work: Copyright 2007-2011 Louisa Maccan Graves
how to get freckles.