Facts about Vi-Shape Nutritional Shake mix
What is unique about the Vi-Shape Nutritional Shake mix?
There are so many unique benefits, and ingredients, so here are a few:
1. It tastes amazing. We call it the â€œShake mix that tastes like a cake mixâ€. If you do a blind taste test vs. other shakes, youâ€™ll see that many have either a gritty texture, can have a bitter or metallic after taste that lingers. Other shakes can smell bitter, or like chemicals. Ours is different because of the unique, high quality ingredients that we use.
2.Â Our shake is lower in sodium, fat, and carbohydrates than other shakes. Many companies will use sodium to make the bland ingredients taste better, fat to make flavor carry, or add sugar to mask bitter notes. You can see from our comparison chart that we surpass the competition, due to our high quality.
3. Our shake is diabetic friendly. Many shakes use sugar, fructose, or other sweeteners that can spike blood sugar. This may result in low energy, hunger, and more. Ours has no added sugar, and is diabetic friendly.
4. We use 3 specially processed proteins. This provides fast, and long lasting hunger control, and can also help maintain lean muscle while targeting fat. Our shake has been specially processed to remove lactose, remove fat, remove carbohydrates, and remove isoflavones from the soy that can impact estrogen. Therefore, body builders, those sensitive to hormones can use our shake.
5. We include ingredients that other shakes donâ€™t. We include digestive enzymes to help maximize protein absorption, prebiotics to support the bodies detox process and digestive health, vitamins, minerals, calcium, and more.
6.Affordability. There is simply no other shake that matches what we offer, for the price! By having a shake a day you can not only help fuel your body with powerful nutrients, but you can save money too.
2. What are the primary benefits of the Vi-Shape Nutritional Shake mix?
- The shake mix provides complete nutrition â€“ fast
- Helps control appetite
- Provides bone-healthy calcium
- Provides heart healthy, low fat protein
- Helps promote & maintain lean muscle mass
- Supports protein digestion and nutrient absorption
- Helps support healthy energy levels while cutting calories
- Provides non-gassy fiber benefits for digestive health
- Includes two unique fibers for health, and for hunger control
- Supports a low glycemic lifestyle
- Supports healthy metabolism
- Gluten free. Lactose free. Low sodium, diabetic friendly. Low sugar.
- Tastes amazing!
3. How does the Vi-Shape Nutritional Shake help me lose or maintain weight?
The shake can help you lose, or maintain weight depending on how you use it. To lose weight, we recommend using it in place of 2 meals per day, along with sensible snacks (like the ViSalus Nutra-Cookieâ„¢), and meal. You can use it for any 2 meals. To maintain weight, we recommend that you have 1 shake per day, and ideally for breakfast.
Why is this?
Well, if we compare the shake blended with non-fat milk (or soy milk or rice milk) and fruit, the shake will provide 20-25 grams of protein, a full serving of fiber, calcium, prebiotics, digestive enzymes, vitamins, minerals, and more, all for around 240 calories.
If we compare that to an â€˜averageâ€™ breakfast of a bagel with cream cheese, small orange
juice and coffee with non-fat milk, you can see we provide more nutrition for less calories.
The â€˜averageâ€™ breakfast can add up to around 720 calories, and a whopping 880mg of sodium. So by having a shake, youâ€™ll fuel your body, help keep your blood sugar level, and save calories to help you keep the weight off.
We also recommend it for those people that donâ€™t eat breakfast (almost 40% of adults donâ€™t eat breakfast). By not eating breakfast, the metabolism can slow and you may end up eating more calories per day while slowing the bodyâ€™s fat burning.
4. Can the Vi-Shape shake help me gain weight?
For those who want to gain weight, or even add muscle, the Vi-Shapeâ„¢ Nutritional Shake mix can help. Simply add a shake as a beverage with any meal, or use between meals. For those who exercise, having a shake mixed in water within 30 minutes of finishing a workout will find that it may help the muscles recover easier.
5. Is the Vi-Shape shake nutritionally sound? Is it safe?
The shake is nutritionally very sound, and based on incredible science. It is based on healthy nutrition, and getting the daily requirements your body needs to feel healthy. However, those who are pregnant or lactating, gastric bypass patients, ulcer patients, and anyone known to have a medical condition should consult a physician prior to taking this product or any nutritional supplement.
6. Can I use only water for the Vi-Shape shake?
The shake was designed to mix in water as a healthy snack, for after a work out, or to be mixed in milk/soy milk as a healthy meal (milk and soy milk provide more protein, and more calories). The goal is to not cut too many calories, or the body can feel that it is in starvation mode and slow the metabolism further.
The U.S. government recommends that we consume a minimum of 1,200 calories per day. So if you do use the shake mixed in water, you may want to use 3 scoops instead of 2, or make sure you have a Nutra-Cookie along with the shake mixed in water to provide adequate calories.
7. Iâ€™ve tried other shakes, and they donâ€™t taste as good. Why is that?
Our formula uses the highest quality proteins available today, and we worked very hard to ensure it would taste great. This is because we believe in proper nutrition. Itâ€™s our company philosophy to make the best products we can.
8. Why soy protein used in the Vi-Shape shake? Does it impact estrogen?
Soy is an excellent source of protein that delivers healthy heart benefits. Regular consumption of soy has been linked to helping reduce c-reactive proteins in the body, which benefit a healthy heart. Our soy protein is non-GMO (non Genetically Modified). It has been specially processed to remove the isoflavones, which are the active compound in soy that can affect estrogen.
9. Who should take this product?
Anyone interested in losing or maintaining weight, or who want to balance their daily nutrition with a perfect meal. We encourage those on serious medications, women who are pregnant or lactating, or those who are not in good health to consult a physician before starting our program, or any weight management program or nutritional supplement. The shake (with your doctorâ€™s permission) is safe to use 1 scoop for children 4-12 for additional protein.
10. Why are the proteins unique?
Our proteins are high quality, concentrated forms of nutritional protein. They have been specially processed to remove fat, remove lactose, and remove carbohydrates. We also removed the isoflavones from the soy, to alleviate estrogenic activity concerns. This special processing leaves a purely greatâ€“tasting shake mix. This is why we call it â€œthe shake mix that tastes like cake mix.â„¢â€
11. How many Vi-Shape shakes can I drink or use per day?
We recommend 1â€“2 servings per day of each product. However, you can take up to 3 packets of the Vi-TrimÂ®, and you can use the shake for all meals if you desire. We recommend no more than 4 tablets of the Vi-SlimÂ® per day.
12. Why artificial sweeteners?
We use sucralose for taste, and also to keep our products diabetic friendly. It is unfortunate that there is so much confusion and misinformation about sweeteners. Sweeteners have received bad press, primarily because of aspartame, which degrades when heated (it is safe when cold) and tastes bad.
People that are allergic to artificial sweeteners tend to be allergic to aspartame. Sucralose has been found safe both in hot and cold applications, and has had over 110 peer reviewed studies completed. This is why Sucralose has been approved by over 80 countries globally.
I like to say that many people feel the FDA approved drugs too easily (i.e. Vioxx, Phen Phen), so that if you trust other countries more (several globally are more stringent), then looking abroad is a good benchmark as well. We use a very small 0.03 grams per serving, which is about 1/3 of the amount in a diet cola.
We know that several people would prefer we use Stevia or Xylitol because they are natural. Xylitol is a natural sugar alcohol. Unfortunately it causes diarrhea in approximately 20% of the population! To get the same amount of sweetness in Neuro , we would need about 1 tablespoon, which can be toxic or fatal to a 40 pound dog. It also has not been approved globally.
Stevia is a sweetener derived from a plant. It has only recently been approved in the U.S., and is still in process of being reviewed globally. There have been some concerns on liver toxicity, and so there may be more studies needed. The manufacturers of Stevia have recently published some safety data, and many countries are now relooking it as a sweetener. It does impart a licorice type flavor, that some people do not like. We have been trying to work with stevia in some new formulations, but are struggling to make them taste good.
Iâ€™ve been asked a lot about agave recently. Agave is nothing more than high fructose syrup…about 90% fructose. Fructose has many properties but one bad one is that it increases appetite and this is exactly opposite of what we want in a weight management product.
We do strive to make our formulas as natural as possible, while balancing taste, texture, safety, efficacy and stability.
We are looking at some promising natural sweeteners coming on the market (there is one from Japan that is very promising). Our hope is that we will be able to replace sucralose to alleviate those concerns, but for now have not found a suitable substitute that tastes as good, has as much research, and has global approval.
13. Why one flavor?
Our Sweet Cream flavor was designed to be mixed with fruit, yogurt, juice, or even into oatmeal if you want to add more protein to your diet! We also have our Shape-Upâ„¢ Health Flavors Mix-Ins, to help add flavor and nutritional benefits to the shake.
Other companies may make you buy multiple canisters of product, which just sits there on your counter. We wanted to help control costs, and add fun to your day with our Health Flavors.
Be sure to look in our program guide for many recipes to create nutritious and flavorful shakes! Or, add in our Health Flavors, use one, or create your own mixture of 2 or more for on the go variety.
14. Why a shake powder mix, and not ready to drink in a can?
The powder provides the best opportunity for you to mix it as you like, into non-fat milk, flavored or plain soy milk, low fat/low sugar yogurts, cottage cheese, or water.
Vi-Shape Nutritional Shake