How To Get Rid Of Keratosis Pilaris
If you’d like to learn how to get rid of keratosis pilaris or chicken bump skin, there are a few ingredients you’ll need.
Watch the video and follow my step-by-step keratosis pilaris treatment instructions!
What causes keratosis pilaris (skin keratosis)?
So the skin (epidermis) grows over that and you create a very sand paper like surface on the back of the arms, back of the thighs, and between the thighs and buttocks.
So if you want to learn how to get rid of keratosis pilaris, you’ll need to use this scrub consistently:
1. Take 1 cup of sea salt
2. Add 1/2 cup of grape seed oil
3. Add 1 tablespoon grapefruit essential oil
4. Mix well to make a scrub
5. Put the scrub in a tupperware container and place in the shower
6. While showering, use the paste to wash the chicken bump skin areas
7. Towel dry
8. On the days you don’t use the scrub use a lactic acid based lotions or a Alpha Hydroxy based lotion. Both lotions prevent the epidermis from growing over the hair follicles
Facts about Sea Salt and skin care:
Many people make use of sea salt when cooking but did you know that it also has benefits that can help your skin?
Sea salt has provided therapeutic effects for the skin since ancient times.
This type of salt is comprised of the perfect mixture and balance of magnesium, potassium, calcium chloride and bromides. Magnesium has been successful in battling the effects of stress, fluid retention, anti aging, as well as balancing the nervous system. As we age, the human body becomes more prone to water retention, circulation problems, in addition to brittle bones and nails, calcium helps in this fight.
Are you the type of person that constantly fight skin hydration problems? If so, potassium balances the skin moisture!
Facts about Grape Seed Oil
The skin care benefits of grape seed oil are many. It’s loaded with essential and non-essential fatty acids including linoleic acid, oleic acid, palmitic acid, stearic acid, a-linoleic acid, and palmitoleic acid. These all play a very important part in health of your skin.
But grape seed oil doesn’t stop there. If you’re an individual that fights cholesterol, LDL (low density lipoproteins – i.e. the bad cholesterol) then grape seed oil is a should be on your list of favorites. It also raise the HDL, or high density lipoproteins or the good cholesterol.
Facts about Grapefruit Essential Oil
Do you know how we get out essential oils?
Many are procured directly from the roots, leaves, flowers, fruit, bark, seeds and stems of plants. But they must have a process for us to enjoy their benefits, and that is accomplished through the use of steam distillation or compression. This routine captures the fragrance and flavor of the plant.
Grapefruit essential oil is a byproduct of the citrus paradisi fruit. Its oil is extracted from the rinds through cold compression. In addition to its fragrance, grapefruit essential oil acts as an antiseptic for the skin. It can assist in the cleaning and clearing congested and oily skin. It can be used by dabbing it directly onto the affected areas of the skin.
If you enjoyed this “1 Minute Beauty Tip”, here are some others you might like to look at!
- 2-Step Homemade Remedy Heals Cracked, Chapped Lips
- Banana and Honey Face Mask For All Skin Types
- Exfoliate With Coffee Grounds For Beautiful Looking Skin
- Fade Age Spots On Face And Hands With Witch Hazel
- Get Brighter Skin Using Instant Non-Fat Dry Milk Facial Mask
- Get Rid Of Blemishes And Oily Skin With Potato
- Home Remedies For Dandruff And Dry Scalp Using Vinegar
- Home Remedies For Spider Veins
- How To Exfoliate Your Skin With Baking Soda
- How To Get Rid Of Keratosis Pilaris
- How To Give Yourself a Mini Face Lift With Yogurt and Lemons
- How To Keep Nails Pink and Healthy
- How To Make a Pumpkin Enzyme Mask For Acne
- How To Make Natural Lip Stain With Beets
- How To Stop a Toothache With Clove Oil
- How To Turn Dull Hair Into Shiny Hair
- How To Whiten Nails or Fade Nail Stains
- Instant Face Lift Mask With Cornstarch And Egg Whites
- Make A Healthy Air Freshener With Rosemary Essential Oils
- Oatmeal Mask For Sensitive Skin
- Peppermint Tea To Clear Blemish Prone or Oily Skin
- Try Duct Tape To Get Rid Of a Plantar Wart
- Use Mouthwash To Get Rid Of Perspiration Odor
- Use Orange Juice To Soften Feet
- Use papaya and emu oil to get rid of lip lines
- Use paraben free body sprays for great looking skin
How to get rid of keratosis pilaris