Household apple cider vinegar has many uses including getting rid of dandruff!
This is one of the best home remedies for dry scalp and dandruff because most people always have a bottle of apple cider vinegar around the kitchen.
Here’s how to get rid of dry scalp and dandruff with vinegar:
– Cup of boiled water
– 1/2/apple cider vineager
– 2 peppermint tea bags
1. Dip the peppermint tea bags into the boiled water and let it steep
2. Remove the tea bags and add apple cider vinegar
3. Take the mixture and place in a plastic bottle, keep it in the shower
4. When you are finished shampooing and conditioning the hair, use this as the final rinse
Your hair will not smell like vinegar and the scalp will o longer be dry and flaky. This is one of the best dry scalp home remedies that really works especially for the dry winter months.
What causes dandruff?
Dandruff is common in the majority of individuals at some point in their life.
Did you know that dandruff affects other areas of the human body besides the scalp?
It can affect any area of the body prone to human hair growth including the ears, eyebrows, sides of the nose, beard, and also the chest.
Dandruff is one of those rare conditions whose exact cause remains a mystery. We do have some potential causes and symptoms which are present on a consistent basis with dandruff.
Some of the probable reasons for a breakout of dandruff increased oil production, oily skin, increased skin secretions, and increased numbers of normal skin yeasts. While dandruff is not completely linked to poor hygiene, infrequent shampooing, and washing it certainly plays a major role. A faulty immune system could also be a factor in a dandruff outbreak.
Common triggers (factors that may worsen) of dandruff include the following:
- Increased oil production
- Oily skin
- Oily scalp
- Poor hygiene
- Weather (hot and humid or cold and dry)
- Infrequent washing or shampooing
- Concurrent yeast or fungal
- Skin infections or overgrowths
- Poor immune system
- Chronic illness
- Emotional or mental stress
What causes a dry scalp?
A dry scalp can be a very agonizing condition. It’s can be accompanied by itching, flaking and many times hair loss.
This problem is caused by the improper amount of oils in the hair as well as the surface of the scalp.
Fortunately this can be easily prevented especially if you watched my video, “Home remedies for dandruff and dry scalp using vinegar” above!
While many people think that a dry scalp results from too much sebum (sebaceous gland) oil, the opposite is actually true. When a large quantity of this natural oil is not present for some reason, hair becomes brittle and the scalp becomes dry and flaky.
If you enjoyed this “1 Minute Beauty Tip”, here are some others you might like to look at!
- 2-step homemade remedy heals cracked, chapped lips
- Banana and Honey Face Mask for all Skin Types
- Exfoliate with coffee grounds for beautiful looking skin
- Fade age spots on face and hands with witch hazel
- Get rid of blemishes and oily skin with potato
- Home remedies for dandruff and dry scalp using vinegar
- Home remedies for spider veins
- How to Exfoliate Your Skin with Baking Soda
- How to get rid of keratosis pilaris
- How to keep nails pink and healthy
- How to make a healthy air freshener with rosemary essential oils
- How to make a pumpkin enzyme mask for acne
- How to make natural lip stain with beets
- How to stop a toothache with clove oil
- How to turn Dull Hair into Shiny Hair
- How to whiten nails or fade nail stains
- Instant Face Lift Mask with Cornstarch and Egg Whites
- Mini face lift with yogurt and lemons
- Oatmeal Mask for Sensitive Skin
- Peppermint tea to clear blemish prone or oily skin
- Red Light Therapy for brides and tattoo aftercare
- Skin is brighter with a instant non-fat dry milk facial mask
- Try duct tape to get rid of a plantar wart
- Use mouthwash to get rid of perspiration odor
- Use orange juice to soften feet
- Use papaya and emu oil to get rid of lip lines
- Use paraben free body sprays for great looking skin